Revolutionizing the Way the World Builds Cars
Gordon Murray Design was established in 2007 to develop an innovative and disruptive automotive manufacturing technology trademarked iStream® which will revolutionize the way the world builds cars. The design and prototyping of the company’s first vehicle program, the T.25 city car, was central to both the development and validation of iStream®.
The company’s second vehicle program, an electric version of the T.25 car codenamed T.27, was made possible with Zytek Automotive and the support of the UK government-backed Technology Strategy Board. It is the world’s most efficient electric car due to its low weight and ‘clean sheet of paper design’. The T.27 will also set new standards in environmental sustainability. High level lifecycle analysis derived from T.25 data predicts life-cycle emissions 63% less than the average car and for the T.27 lifecycle emissions 27% less than the nearest EV rival which is due in part to the iStream® manufacturing approach. This manufacturing process is now industrialized, including final factory designs by specialist automotive consultants.
Facts & Stats
- Founded by Gordon Murray who headed up the design of supercars such as the McLaren F1 and the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren.
- Multi-skilled team has worked together on leading design and engineering projects that range from Formula One to city cars; collectively they have over 440+ years working in the automotive industry.
- The company’s iStream® low energy manufacturing system massively reduces the capital investment required to produce the vehicle and also the energy required during manufacturing.
- Its innovative T.25 city car, an MPV, offers 6 possible internal layouts; the T.27 city car is a pure electric drive vehicle.
- The T.32 is a prototype electric sports car named TEEWAVE AR.1 developed with Toray Industries Inc.