The Digital Biology™ Company
RainDance Technologies is pioneering digital biology and powering ground-breaking human health and life science research with its novel droplet-based technologies. The company's core RainStorm™ technology generates millions of discrete droplets that can encapsulate a single molecule, single cell or reaction and be digitally analyzed and sorted one at a time. The power, precision and simplicity of microdroplets enable researchers to answer complex questions with unprecedented sensitivity and quantitation. The complete RainDance solution includes automated instrumentation, customizable bioinformatics and high-value consumables and reagents for applications including targeted next-generation DNA sequencing, methylation, digital PCR and single cell analysis. Based in Lexington, Massachusetts, the company supports scientists around the world through its international sales and support operations and a global network of distributors and service providers.
Facts & Stats
- Proprietary microdroplets enable “digital biology” at unprecedented nano-scale levels, e.g., generating 100 million reactions from a single milliliter of sample.
- RainDance has a fully-automated, highly reliable and robust system that dramatically simplifies customer workflow, shortens turnaround times and lowers cost.
- Unparalleled breadth of genomic coverage up to 20,000 genomic loci simultaneously, enabling novel identification of rare variants in large populations.
- Unique capabilities for absolute digital quantitation of single molecule interactions and single cell analysis using genomic, proteomic, and cell analysis methods.
- Highly sensitive approach for Whole Genomic Amplification, Whole Transcriptome Amplification, Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded, and “dirty” DNA samples for genomic analysis.