World’s First Light Sensory Network
Since its inception, Sensity Systems’ vision has been shaped by a team that consists of experienced engineers from the optical arena, lighting, networking and telecom sectors, including Chairman and CEO Hugh Martin, a Silicon Valley veteran and visionary; Rusty Cumpston, co-founder and chief operating officer; and Rao Arimilli, co-founder and chief strategy officer.
Sensity Systems uses energy-efficient LED lighting as the foundation for a high-speed, sensor-based Light Sensory Network (LSN). The company enables light owners to capitalize on the LED conversion process by embedding networking technology within both retrofit and new LED luminaires. With Sensity’s open, multiservice NetSense platform, lighting owners are able to reduce energy costs and implement a variety of SensApps applications and services over the network, including public safety, environmental and weather monitoring, parking management and retail analytics. For more information, please visit: www.sensity.com.
Facts & Stats
- Sensity UMLE was the first general-purpose LED light engine retrofit recognized by PG&E and the DesignLights Consortium for outdoor area lighting. It achieved this distinction by passing stringent light quality, efficiency, and lifetime criteria.
- Sensity patented technology is installed today in thousands of shoebox, wallpack, garage canopy, post-top, bollard, and highbay fixtures at over 200+ customer sites including HP, Nikon Precision, Mentor Graphics, Applied Materials, Michelin, Waste Connections, Banner Health, UC Davis, San Jose State University, Santa Clara University, and many others.
- Sensity solutions are sold direct and through authorized resellers and electrical contractors throughout North America, Central America, and Hawaii.
- Global customers include FORTUNE 500 businesses, commercial and industrial property owners, municipal and county agencies, universities, hospitals, school districts, and transportation authorities.
- Acquired by Verizon in 2016.