Corventis Selected as a New Technology Showcase Winner for 2012 by LifeScience Alley
SAN JOSE, Calif. & MINNEAPOLIS--Corventis, Inc., a developer of wearable, wireless technologies for cardiac disease, announced today that it has been selected as a New Technology Showcase winner and will present and exhibit at the 2012 LifeScience Alley Conference on Dec. 5, 2012, in Minneapolis, Minn. As one of three presenting awardees, Corventis was chosen by a team of life science industry experts, based on criteria including the novelty of the technology, its market potential and its ability to improve patient outcomes while lowering per capita health care costs. More than 600 companies competed for the chance to demonstrate their technology to a room of 1,600 life science leaders.
“We are honored to have been selected from a group of truly innovative companies in the medical device field,” said Corventis, Inc. President & CEO John Russell. “The Corventis wireless technology platform is designed to be a part of the future direction of healthcare, where lowering costs and improving access to care become increasingly important. Our systems are already helping patients in numerous countries around the world.”
In addition to the New Technology Showcase recognition, Corventis has achieved a number of other significant milestones in 2012:
- Received new 510(k) clearance for the NUVANT Mobile Cardiac Telemetry (MCT) System including indications for atrial fibrillation and other important arrhythmias
- Received new 510(k) clearance for the AVIVO Mobile Patient Management (MPM) System including indications for patients living with heart failure and fluid management problems
- Publication of foundational clinical studies (the MUSIC and FARM studies) in the areas of heart failure and fluid management, totaling over 500 patients enrolled, in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Issuance of two new US patents covering Corventis proprietary technology
- Continued international expansion with the introduction of NUVANT MCT into the India market
About Corventis, Inc.
Corventis, Inc. is a pioneer in wearable, wireless technologies for cardiac disease. The company's patient- and physician-friendly technology has helped patients around the world and is designed to enable reliable and timely detection of clinical events without impacting lifestyle. Corventis is funded by prominent venture capital firms, Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield & Byers, Mohr Davidow Ventures, PTV Sciences and DAG Ventures.
About LifeScience Alley
LifeScience Alley is an international leader in sharing best practices, and is the largest state-based life sciences trade association in the United States. With a 28-year track record of providing valuable services and results-oriented outcomes to its members, LifeScience Alley enables business success through educating workforces, influencing state and federal public policy, supporting advancement in research and technological innovation, and fostering industry connections. The Association’s membership employs approximately 250,000 Minnesotans and its reach extends throughout the Midwest and Canada.