Global Companies Gather at VirtuOz European User Conference to Discuss Intelligent Virtual Agents and their Role in Digital Customer Relationships
Customer service leaders echo leading analyst firm sentiment that virtual assistants will be an industry standard in 3 to 5 years
EMERYVILLE, CA – April 6, 2011 – VirtuOz, Inc., a leading provider of intelligent virtual agents for online customer service, gathered influential customer service leaders and current thought leaders at their annual European User Conference in Paris to discuss key customer service challenges in today’s digital era and strategies for creating best-in-class intelligent virtual agents. In addition, the company announced the 2011VirtuOz Digital Customer Relationship European Awards in recognition of outstanding business achievements using VirtuOz intelligent virtual agents.
Gartner recently predicted that, “In three to five years, [virtual assistants] will be the standard technology for customer interactions” (source: Gartner Research, July 2010, Key Considerations for Virtual Assistant Selection). A survey of attendees representing prominent European brands that have successfully deployed intelligent virtual agents over the past 5 years expanded on Gartner’s prediction:
• 71% strongly agree that digital customer relationships or the ability to engage online consumers through their preferred channel of communication will be an industry standard in the next 3 to 5 years.
• 87.5% agree that intelligent virtual agents are critical to their company’s overall customer interaction strategy.
• 75% agree that intelligent virtual agents serve as a competitive differentiator in their customer service offering.
• 75% agree that intelligent virtual agents will be used as the first point of contact for online sales and service in the next 3 to 5 years.
“The VirtuOz user conference provides a valuable forum for customer service leaders to exchange ideas and strategies around the use of intelligent virtual agents to shape the future of digital customer relationships,” said Steve L. Adams, president and CEO of VirtuOz. “With the rise of Web savvy consumers who prefer that personal and business interactions be conducted online, customer service organizations are increasingly relying on new service channels, such as intelligent virtual agents, to continue to provide world-class service. Having access to the thought leadership of these customer service innovators is critical to VirtuOz’ continued investment in best-in-class technology and services to support digital customer relationships today and in the future.”
The 2011VirtuOz Digital Customer Relationship Awards Recipients included:
• Voyages-sncf.com is the winner of the Pioneer Award recognizing the first and longest running company to deploy VirtuOz’ intelligent virtual agent solutions. Voyages-sncf.com’s Lea has been assisting European travelers since 2005.
• Discountéo is the winner of the Innovation Award recognizing the customer that consistently innovates around their application of the VirtuOz intelligent virtual agent for additional business value. Discountéo was the first to integrate their intelligent virtual agent with order tracking, Web analytics, and most recently live chat. With Discountéo’sTea integrated into a wide array of business processes and channels, the company achieves 100% resolution of issues for their customers.
• Ciel! is the winner of the Visionary Award recognizing the customer with the most unique application of the VirtuOz intelligent virtual agent. Ciel!, a Sage software reseller, was the first to create a business-to-business focused intelligent virtual agent. Ciel!’s Claire provides premium customer support capabilities to clients that have purchased Sage software.
VirtuOz is the leader in Digital Customer Relationships, enabling large and mid-market enterprises to use Intelligent Virtual Agents to provide world-class online customer and technical support. Intelligent virtual agents offer companies a contemporary online channel for improved access to customer service and a high quality user experience while avoiding the high costs associated with traditional customer service channels. VirtuOz solutions combine best-in-class virtual agent applications with best practices across agent development, deployment, and optimization to deliver predictable and measurable results. VirtuOz leads the market with the largest number of live enterprise virtual agents for Global 2000 companies such as eBay, SFR, H&R Block and L’Oreal. More information about VirtuOz can be found at www.virtuoz.com.
VirtuOz is a trademark of VirtuOz, Inc. All other company and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.