Rocket Fuel Names IAB Asia Chief Ken Mandel to Board of Advisors
Key Appointment of One of Asia-Pacific's Leading Advertising Executives to Rocket Fuel Board of Advisors Comes as Company Prepares to Enter Asia-Pacific Advertising Market
REDWOOD SHORES, CA, Aug 29, 2011 -- Rocket Fuel Inc., the leader in real-time targeting, today announced that Ken Mandel, Chairman of IAB Singapore and leading digital ad industry executive in Asia Pacific, has joined the company's board of advisors. Mandel is one of the most respected visionaries in digital advertising in Asia, having held executive roles in the region at Yahoo!, OgilvyOne, Neo@Ogilvy, and others. This key board of advisors appointment comes at a strategic juncture in Rocket Fuel's global growth as it eyes expansion into the Asia Pacific region.
- Ken Mandel, chairman of IAB Singapore, has joined Rocket Fuel's board of advisors. Mandel is also currently Chairman of Digital Advertising Alliance, is board member of the Mobile Marketing Association Asia Pacific, a Board Council Member of Design Singapore under the Ministry of Information, Communications & the Arts (MICA), and was recently appointed Chairman of the Digital Advertising Alliance Singapore (DAA). He is also a founder of Singapore-based venture firm Jam Ventures.
- Mandel will lend his hands-on strategic guidance to Rocket Fuel as it expands into Asia Pacific in the coming months. Already, Rocket Fuel has a presence in seven U.S. cities and London, and is expanding quickly around the globe as demand for its real-time ad targeting and optimization technology grows among leading brands and agencies.
- Mandel is one of the most well-known digital advertising executives in Asia. He previously held high-profile executive roles at leading digital advertising companies and agencies in Asia. He was previously VP at Yahoo! APAC, VP at OgilvyOne Asia Pacific, and CEO of Neo@Ogilvy Asia Pacific. Mandel has also held senior advertising management positions across the Asia Pacific region with Bates, 141 Worldwide, and XM Asia.
- "Advertisers and agencies across the globe are clamoring to work with Rocket Fuel to improve the reach, effectiveness, and ROI of their brand-focused and performance-driven digital marketing programs. We look forward to working hand-in-hand with Ken to strategically launch in Asia Pacific, where digital advertising is growing at an exponential rate," said George John, CEO of Rocket Fuel. "Ken is second-to-none when it comes to vision, focus, and connections in the Asia-Pacific advertising market, and we're thrilled to welcome him to our board of advisors."
- "I look forward to being part of the Rocket Fuel advisory board and working with one of the best real-time targeting teams in the industry," said Mandel. "Rocket Fuel's expansion into Asia is great for the digital industry here as brands are increasingly demanding campaign accountability and ROI."
About Rocket Fuel Inc.
Rocket Fuel is a real-time targeting company that transforms digital media buys into optimization engines, delivering results from awareness to sales. The company's technology combines all data-driven targeting techniques, from behavioral to contextual, into one comprehensive solution that automatically adapts campaigns in real time to achieve both brand and performance goals. Over 400 of the world's leading brands run on Rocket Fuel across display, mobile, video and social media. Founded by online advertising veterans and computer scientists from Yahoo!, Salesforce.com, and NASA, Rocket Fuel is based in Redwood City, California, and has offices in eight cities including New York and London. For more information on why campaigns run better on Rocket Fuel, visit www.rocketfuel.com .