Ticketfly Doubles Ticket Sales in 2011, Sets the Tone for 2012
Sales Growth for Ticketfly Clients 5x Industry Average; Ticketfly Clients, Revenue and Employees Double
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- 02/02/12 -- News Facts:
Ticketfly, the social ticketing platform, today announced significant company growth in 2011:
- Clients: On average, Ticketfly clients experienced a 16 percent year-over-year increase in ticket sales, significantly beating the overall music industry's 2.7 percent growth in total tickets sold; year-over-year new client acquisition growth for the company exceeded 120 percent.
- Sales and Revenue: Ticketfly saw ticket sales and revenue growth in excess of 100 percent for the second year running.
- Partnerships: Twelve new and notable partners joined forces with Ticketfly including Aloompa, DataFlow Workspace, DoStuff Media, Intellitix and Zimride.
- Employees: In 2011 Ticketfly's staff doubled, from 35 to 70 people, with key executive hires including Vice President of Operations, Valerie LeClair from Ticketmaster, and Senior Vice President of Marketing, Gannon Hall from KIT digital.
Notable product innovations set Ticketfly apart from other companies in the space:
- Facebook Timeline: Empowers Facebook users to "like" artists they're excited to see, share events they're going to and publicly RSVP to events via their Facebook Timeline.
- Facebook Purchase: End-to-end Facebook ticketing solution enables promoters to sell tickets directly from their Facebook fan pages, creating a seamless purchasing experience for users that encourages social discovery and sharing behavior, resulting in increased ticket sales.
- Analytics Dashboard: Provides actionable information on how and where to target consumers, insight into which marketing efforts work/don't work and information on how specific shows/acts are performing.
- Artist Database: Greatly simplifies the event creation process by providing one-click importing of artist bios, photos, videos and social media links from an integrated artist database of over 75,000 artists.
Ticketfly continues to be the platform of choice for North America's premier music venues and promoters, with major client wins including Capitol Theatre, Danny Zelisko Presents, Preservation Hall, Trocadero Theatre and Union Transfer.
Demand for the Ticketfly platform extends beyond live music with key wins in new verticals:
- Electronic Dance Music (EDM): Clients include Dayglow / Committee Entertainment, the world's largest paint-dance event; Camp Bisco, the Northeast's largest electronic-rock festival; and Royale Boston, Boston's unique and luxurious nightclub experience.
- Festivals & Fairs: Industry wins include Renaissance Entertainment Productions, producers of three of the largest renaissance festivals in the United States; the Mid-America Renaissance Festival, one of the country's largest renaissance festivals; and Starfish Junction Productions, award-winning producers of the International Great Beer Expo.
- Sports: Clients include Blackbaud Stadium, the first privately funded soccer-specific stadium in the United States; the inaugural 2011 Baltimore Grand Prix, an IndyCar Series and American Le Mans Series race; and Pali Blues and Los Angeles Blues professional soccer clubs.
Andrew Dreskin, co-founder & CEO, Ticketfly
"2011 was a fantastic year for Ticketfly. The 16 percent increase in ticket sales, on average, that Ticketfly clients experienced is in large part attributable to the platform innovations we've introduced and our focus on the consumer experience. The fact that these numbers far exceed the industry's less than three percent growth clearly demonstrates the value we bring to our clients. In 2012, we will continue our focus on re-inventing the ticketing industry and maintaining our deep commitment to the consumer."
Gannon Hall, SVP of marketing, Ticketfly
"The live events industry is a hot market that will continue to evolve in 2012. As technology drives industry growth and makes it easier for fans to discover events based on their tastes and social connections, Ticketfly will continue to innovate, providing fans with the best, most personalized experience."
Ticketfly is the social ticketing platform. The Ticketfly platform provides next-generation ticketing, website, social marketing and analytics tools that enable event promoters and venues to drive ticket sales, build community and grow revenue. Ticketfly was founded by the team that first brought event ticketing to the Web. For more information on Ticketfly, visit www.ticketfly.com. Connect on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ticketfly, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/ticketfly.