Josh Green joined Mohr Davidow’s team in 2006 and has been instrumental in developing a cross-discipline practice that includes a wide range of startups including those focused on LED lighting, biochemicals and Lithium production. Today, he is focused primarily on the nexus of cleantech and information technology. Josh also works with several healthcare companies in the Mohr Davidow portfolio.
“Working on clean technology takes me back to the early 1980s in Silicon Valley when a single individual with a great idea can have maximum impact,” Josh says. “The entrepreneurs in this business are in it to change the world. The companies they are building have the potential to bring sustainable change and efficiency to classic industrial processes. Today, the most interesting companies are being formed at the intersection of information technology and these processes.”
In a 25-year career in law, Josh built two law firms to 150 lawyers each and acted as an advisor to some of Silicon Valley’s legendary startups in the computer, Internet, telecommunications, biotech and medical device industries. Josh gained a breadth of knowledge that makes him uniquely qualified for an investment area that spans multiple industries. He is the Chairman-elect of the National Venture Capital Association.
“I’ve been at the side of incredibly talented entrepreneurs during some of the most important times in their careers,” Josh says. He helped more than 150 companies complete successful IPOs, partnering closely with companies such as Yahoo! during their formative stages.
Josh believes Mohr Davidow offers a unique combination of seasoned venture capitalists and the financial clout needed for early-stage startups. “We offer entrepreneurs the kind of advice that comes only with deep experience building the kinds of companies they have envisioned,” he says.
Facts & Stats
- Graduated magna cum laude from UCLA in 1977 and the UCLA School of Law in 1980 where he was on the Law Review
- Chairman-elect of the National Venture Capital Association
- Formerly included on Forbes Midas List of dealmakers
- Founder of the UCLA Venture Capital Fund, Board of Visitors of the UCLA Department of Economics and undergraduate commencement speaker at UCLA
- High school basketball coach for eight years
- Josh helped more than 150 companies complete successful IPOs, worked with Cerent in the largest technology acquisition in Cisco’s history ($8 billion) and partnered closely with companies such as Yahoo! during their formative stages.
- Favorite Quote: “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are” – Legendary UCLA Head Basketball Coach John Wooden.